Wednesday, October 29, 2014

OUR FALL 2014 DINING ROOM

I've really been slacking this year on holiday decorations. Our dining room is one of my favorite rooms in the house. The color of the walls is so calming and gorgeous when the sun (which this room gets a lot of) comes shining through and I have a collection of orchids on the window sills. The orchid on the table is a rebloom of the first one I bought for this house. They are my all time fav and I am so thankful I haven't been killing them!

I've been taking my time collecting pieces for this room - the buffet and wine rack styling still needs some work, but the table never disappoints.


On each place setting I cut a eucalyptus stem and placed a simple miniature white pumpkin.


I saw online the idea of using a cake stand to add height to your table and I rarely don't have one on this table. It really makes a statement and I love setting our salt and pepper shakers on top.


The birch wood pieces are waiting to be made into tea light holders. We cut some birch wood from Chris' grandmother's home in Maine. I love that it reminds us of all the memories we have had there.


I love the colors of the plates and napkins. It really ties in all of the creamy white, greys and blues I have in the room and conjoining rooms.


This table was a hand-me-down from my sister and the first project I completed for this house. My mom and I sanded it down and stained the top and repainted the bottom a creamy white. I used a satin poly on top which gives it an extra pretty sheen.


Happy Halloween!

0 comments:

Post a Comment