Friday, January 10, 2014

BABY BUCKET LIST

I'm not going to lie. I have been bitten with the baby fever bug after seeing so many cute baby posts on Instagram and Facebook lately... but, there are no plans for a baby Lucas in 2014! Just wanted to put that out there in case you were wondering since I've been bringing it up lately.

I have been talking about making a baby bucket list for awhile and finally brought the idea up to Chris. I think it's a great idea to put on paper all of those things you would like to do before a baby comes around. Of course not all of these things have to be done before we decide to start a family, but it's fun putting on paper all of the things and places we'd like to do and see!

1. Take a friends vacation! Chris would love to go on a cruise with some of our friends and I would love to go to New Orleans. We have plans to go this September/October with friends.

2. Take a girls trip and guys trip! Chris has one planned for this March and I would love to go to Nashville or Maine with some girlfriends this year or next!

3. Visit San Fransisco and rent a car for a day and go to a vineyard in Napa. 

4. Go to a concert together. Perfect for the summer.

5. Spend a long weekend in Brooklyn around Christmas and visit NYC!

6. Conquer a healthy routine. This is really important to me - I'd like to get into a routine that is healthy before I get pregnant. Weekly gym time and eating the right things (at least during the week) so it will be easy for me to continue once I am pregnant. Healthy mommy = healthy baby.

7. Spread some random acts of kindness. I'd love to go out one day with Chris and do random acts of kindness. Pay for someone's coffee, go to someone's house and start washing their car, leave behind kind little notes in the grocery store. 

8. Take a cooking class together. I'm taking one with my dad later this month and would love to take one for Valentine's Day with Chris!

9. Make a list of all the restaurants we want to try and go to them!

10. Conquer the first floor bathroom, installing hardwood on the first floor and adding molding to the dining room.  House projects won't be as frequent once we have kids so time to get them out of the way!

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of putting this list together! I really like some of your ideas, especially getting into a healthy routine BEFORE you are preggers. I think this is super important! I feel like that will make for a better pregnancy and an easier time post-baby. I'm actually doing that exact same thing. I'm getting super healthy and strong so that I have a better chance of not losing myself during and after. Here's to getting your bucket list all crossed off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabbi! It's definitely the number one thing my friends and I have been agreeing on. It's so much easier to maintain a healthy routine while preggo and afterwards if you start BEFORE getting pregnant! Not to mention it can make your pregnancy and labor so much easier!

      Delete