Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LÄRABAR

What makes this woman think she can speak among men? Because only Spartan women give birth to real men.

Hope everyone had a great hump day! I had an amazing day - signed up for the warrior dash in May, went to kickboxing class and it's already over halfway to the weekend! I had so much energy today I blew through my kickboxing class with the high endurance moves for the full hour. Don't you love those days?

As mentioned before, Monday I was sent my amazing package from Erica at LÄRABAR to review four of their amazing energy bars. Miss that post? Here is how excited I was.


The thing I loved most about these bars was the fact that you can literally count the ingredients on one of your hands. They are made from fresh ingredients, are gluten, dairy and soy free, vegan and kosher. What more could you ask from an energy bar? You will be blown away with how moist each of them are too. I noticed all four of the bars they sent me contained dates... I see a new grocery item to add to my shopping list! I got all of these photos from their website, definitely check it out!


First on my list was Cherry Pie. This was by far my favorite bar. It was moist and literally tasted like thanksgiving in your mouth. Amazingly it is made from only almonds, unsweetened cherries and dates.


Next up was Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I shared this with my boss (since I am not much of a chocolate lover). Surprisingly I ate more of this bar than her! The nuts really stood out in this bar. It contained only salt, chocolate chips, peanuts and dates!


Chris scarfed this bar down one night while we were in bed. He let me have one nibble though. I was really impressed. It tasted exactly like banana bread. For all of you that love eating a slice of banana bread in the morning but don't have the time to make it stock up on these! They are made from dates, unsweetened bananas and almonds. Delicious.


Last, but not least, was the coconut cream pie. I was a little weary about this bar. I didn't know what to expect. It tastes exactly like an almond joy candy bar minus the chocolate. But don't let that stop you from dipping the bar in some melted chocolate. This was a dream come true for all chocolate haters! This had the most ingredients of the four. The five (i know!) ingredients were almonds, dates, unsweetened coconut, cashews and organic extra virgin coconut oil.

I also thought of some fun ways you could eat LÄRABAR everyday. You could crumble it and add to your oatmeal or yogurt. You could break it and add to your trailmix. You could even cut it in fours, roll into balls and dip in chocolate. The possibilities are endless! *These reviews are based on my own opinions!


This was my breakfast and lunch. Am I the only one who packs ketchup to bring to the office? Hello co-workers - please stock the fridge with some ketchup! I will love you forever if you do! I had another black bean burger with hummus and greens, a banana and some tangerines (not pictured) for a snack and a LÄRABAR for breakfast. Tonight's dinner is turkey chili. The easiest dinner meal possible because I think I used up the last of today's energy writing this post and in kickboxing class.

I am off to eat a big bowl of chili and watch Top Chef. Hope you have a great night!

Have you heard of the Warrior Dash? I am going to have to write a post dedicated to this! I was so excited my amazing friends decided to sign up with me! Have you ever tried LARABARs? What is your favorite energy bar? I think I am going to try to make these homemade! With only 4-5 ingredients I can't screw up too bad huh?

20 comments:

  1. hmm the only thing I don't like about Larabar's is how high in calories they are for their size! But if they are filling it would be worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah they were a little high in calories 230, but i was full until lunch when i ate mine for breakfast. i think the nuts definitely help you stay fuller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Larabars but they are allover the blog world! So many flavors :) I love Top Chef too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to try that coconut one! I love coconut!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katy
    Literally it is a naked Almond Joy Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larabars are so good!! That's so cool that you got try a ton of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a part of the minority that does not particularly enjoy Larabars...but I dont announce it often so that the blog world wont shun me :)I dont usually pack ketchup, but I always pack hummus in little container like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a converted Larabar addict. When I first tried them several years ago, I was not a fan at all! However now I eat less processed foods and really appreciate the natural sweetness and nuttiness! My favorite flavor, hands down, is Peanut Butter Cookie. And I love that they contain lots of NATURAL fiber (not artificially added like in most bars!), which keeps me satisfied for hours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't a huge fan if these. I think it's because I dont like dates? The banana one was good but 220 cals for a snack is pushing it! So jealous you are doing warrior dash. I have a wedding I'm in that weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Maryann
    those containers are so convenient! i told myself they would be in my first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sara @ Nourish and Flourish
    It's true they do keep you full. I agree with everyone about the calories, but I ate one for breakfast which would have been a comparable amount of calories I usually have. Also, all the calories are coming from nuts and fruit so it didn't make me as upset.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @fashionfitnessfoodie
    Ugh! that weekend is also wine in the woods! you should definitely go one day if you are around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for this girl :) i think i'm going to go and grab me a few of these yummy flavors thanks to your review! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like our fanny packs will be filled with 5 hour energy bars and LARABARS for the Warrior Dash!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Elena
    AHHHH! I cannot wait and I am shocked you left a comment, my lovee!!! I thought you were a closet reader hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. j'adore lara bars. they are my absolute favorite. coconut cream pie and the chocolate coconut are my faves... AND they are vegan! praise the lord!!!

    http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
    giveaway!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how crazy is it that i've never tried one of these?! nutso right! tell your new friend to send some my way! <3 ahhh!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    that photo of you is adoooorable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love larabars but usually dont buy them too often cause Dutch will eat like 4 in one sitting! Ive never heard of warrior dash excited to see what its about though :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't felt fully energized in ages. I have a terrible cold and the only thing I really want to be right now is healthy and filled to the brim with energy...!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just stumbled upon your blog (I'm new to the blogworld) and I love it! I'm trying to make conscious decisions to promote health on a more regular basis. Thanks for all of the tips! :)
    MademoiselleMichael

    ReplyDelete