Monday, March 28, 2011

When I’m with you I could stay there, close my eyes, feel you’re here forever, you and me together, nothing is better.

Today we finally moved into our new office! The day flew by and I enjoyed working in my brand new cube with tons of natural light.


We also like to find funny, awkward things to surprise our neighbors with. I don't think it counts as sexual harassment if it comes from a shark! He looked pretty angry though haha. For lunch I had a big bowl of roasted veggies and brown rice. Our refrigerator and shelves were practically bare so I had to get crafty!

Not to worry, I stocked up today after work especially since my sister is coming over for dinner on Wednesday.... and she is bringing an ice cream maker my mom had in the basement and has never opened. Such a waste! I could honestly go into our basement and find presents my mom bought for us when we were 5 that she forgot about. So silly, we were definitely spoiled.

I plan on making my first frozen yogurt. I am over the moon excited for this! I am going to make a fat free strawberry cheesecake fro-yo for me and a chocolate version for my sister and Chris. I'll have to share the recipe with all of you guys! Goodbye Tasti D-Lite, hello Cara's Fro Yo Shoppe!

Like I said, we were running out of food fast. So what do you do when you have nothing to eat but 3 roma tomatoes? Make homemade tomato-basil soup of course!


Homemade Tomato Basil Soup:
3 roma tomatoes sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon basil, dried or chopped
pinch of red pepper flakes for a little kick
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream or greek yogurt
2 tablespoons brown rice cooked - optional

Directions:
Add olive oil, sliced tomatoes and spices to a pot and boil until tomatoes are tender. Place into a blender and blend until smooth. I wanted my soup thicker so I added cooked brown rice and sour cream. It was delicious and gave me added fiber! Who doesn't usually add crackers to their tomato soup anyways? Same thing but healthier for you in my opinion!


I also made some turkey chili over the weekend to heat up the cold weather outside! I pride myself on the salads I pack Chris for lunch. Especially when I get a text mid-day from him telling me how good it was! He is a simple salad guy - throw anything and everything in there with homemade dressing. I usually try to add black beans or brown rice for added protein/fiber.

I'll leave you guys with literally my favorite song from Adele. The amazing people I work with put their itunes/albums on the server so we can all share music! I scored the new Adele cd and have been playing it non-stop on the treadmill/car/office/laptop - everrrywwhheerre!



xoxo,
Cara

14 comments:

  1. Homemade tomato basil soup sounds delicious! I'm definitely book-marking this! I thought the recipe would be complicated, but you made it sound so easy!! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely buying an ice cream maker the next time I feel like spoiling myself! Can't wait to see what kind of ice cream you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Adele song!

    Lucky you to be getting an ice cream maker! My mom used to make homemade ice cream every Sunday during the summer. She used fresh strawberries or raspberries, buttermilk and sugar...So simple, so refreshing and SO delicious. Gah, you're making me want to go out and buy an ice cream maker for myself! :-)

    Tomato basil soup is one of my favorites. Love the simplicity of your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me we will neveerrr be giving u Tasti D-Lite!!!
    I miss my ice cream maker :(
    One night we need to make a date with Sara @ Nourish and Flourish for dinner - she lives in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sophia @ Raven Waves
    It definitely was easy! I was almost scared at first to try it but it turned out sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Stefanie
    You should! I was looking online and they are only about 17 dollars from Target! I got lucky finding one in my parents basement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @fashionfitnessfoodie
    Sounds wonderful to me! You can always come over and teach me how to use an ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha that sticky note is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow girl i LOVE everything about this post! that soup looks uh-maz-ing! i wish we lived closer so i could be your personal taste tester ;) have a great tuesday dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being in the new office...that soup-omg one of my fav's but i've never tried making it-ship some my way please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ice cream makers are the best!! I can't stop using my boyfriends haha :D You will love it! I have a few recipes on my blog that you can try out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jenny
    I definitely will! You have had me craving it for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How am I so behind on your blog!? ahhhh forgive me! <3

    Tomato basil soup is one of my favs -- good call on the red pepper flakes! ahhh and congrats on your new location! =) lmao at the shark! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make it sound so easy! I hope my soup turns out just as good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete