Friday, October 14, 2011

Seagull Century Weekend Plans

Another weekend is approaching fast and I am welcoming it with open arms. Who wakes up on a Friday and says, "UGH, Friday already?" 

Yeah. Nobody. We all love the weekend!

Last night I pre-made pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin fruit dip and a Mediterranean pasta salad. The pumpkin cupcakes were for my friend at work whose birthday is Saturday... Happy Birthday Lindsay! Of course the boys racing in the Seagull Century will be enjoying these as well :)


I've mentioned on the blog that you can substitute applesauce in baking recipes for oil/butter. BUT did you know that you can substitute canned pure pumpkin too?!


I followed my cake recipe (regular vanilla boxed cake): 1 and 1/3 cup water, 3 eggs and substituted the 1/3 cup of oil for 1/3 cup of pure pumpkin and added a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.

These cupcakes were so moist! The pumpkin was the perfect addition and I topped the cupcake with chocolate icing and a pumpkin candy.

It's so nice to work in advertising where there are actual cameras which make your food look amazing, instead of taking photos with my phone and digital camera.



As you can see it's a rainy day here in Baltimore.

This weekend my boyfriend and his friends are running in the Seagull Century. The girlfriends are tagging along to hold up posters... and drink wine.

You didn't really think we were going up there just to be cheerleaders did you?

I have the task of making breakfast and bringing games/crafts while we picnic and the other girls are bringing the snacks and lunch. I'm excited to share the recipes with you this weekend!

Expect to see a full recap of our shenanigans! 

Have a good Friday!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! Have a good time. Oh, and those look amazing [cupcakes are my KRYPTONITE!] and I love your substitution! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh what a cute cupcake. it is so tiny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete