Thursday, October 4, 2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

It's been raining for what feels like the past week straight. So much rain that it has ruined the potted mums on my front door step! My mom and I are going to attempt to bring them back to life this weekend, but I don't have high hopes.

When it's raining or really chilly outside I crave soup or something hot for dinner. I've made this chicken pot pie twice in the past two weeks - it's too simple to not make. Using a mixture of frozen and fresh veggies, cream of chicken soup, pre-made crust and herbs make this pot pie taste like you spent so much more time in the kitchen than you actually did.




My Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Ingredients:
1 can of low sodium cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup of non/low-fat milk
2 1/2 cups frozen/fresh veggies (I used carrots, corn and peas since I didn't have a mix)
2 chicken breasts
1 package of low fat croissant rolls
2 sprigs of rosemary or thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt (regular or celery) and pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Add oil oil and chicken to an oven safe dish. Make sure both sides of the chicken are coated in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly and shred using two forks.

Bring your fresh/frozen  veggies to a boil and cook until al dente (they still have a little bite to them). Drain and add your veggies back to the pot. Add milk, soup and herbs to the mixture and heat until the soup and milk have combined. Pour mixture and shredded chicken back into the oven safe dish and roll out croissants and layer on top. Bake until top of croissants are golden.


0 comments:

Post a Comment