Wednesday, July 10, 2013

EATING CLEAN, WORKING OUT DIRTY

For the past two weeks I have been back on the clean eating train. We have a few beach trips planned along with our 1 year anniversary trip in November so I really wanted to buckle down and get serious again!

During our 4th of July 4-day weekend I decided to head over to Walmart to pick up a few pairs of gym shorts. I was really surprised when I found these cute reversible shorts for only $7!


I've been using the Lose It app to track my calories (about 1270 a day) and so far, so good! When I've been making stir fry "fried" quinoa, instead of using a ton of soy sauce I've been using this miso ginger dressing from Bolthouse Farms. I am a HUGE fan of their salad dressings which are used with yogurt instead of mayo.


What are your favorite healthy recipes? Share them with me so I don't chew my arm off the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up Cara! I really feel so much better when I eat clean.. I definitely don't eat as well on the weekends but I still get in a workout and stay moving. As a treat I like to make the Kodiak Pancakes (From target) 1/3 of a cup is only 120 calories and I usually add PB2 and berries on top. So filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you!! I hiked a major hike this weekend and hope to keep up my running. I want to get those shorts- they look really comfy. The clean eating comes a lot harder for me :( You should post some recipes!

    ReplyDelete