Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! Looking Back on 2011.

Happy New Year to everyone! I am so excited to start this year!

In 2012 I will experience many big life events and I will not take them for granted. I will cherish them and the people who are in my life!

I have been working out the past 3 days straight. I know, not a huge accomplishment... but you have to start somewhere! I've started to log my meals in the Lose It! app on my iphone so I can lose 1 pound a week in a healthy way.

Breakfast was a low-carb tortilla with an egg and two egg whites with salsa and a tablespoon of Mexican cheese. Filling and so good! Around 350 calories per my app :)

After Chris and I went to the park for an easy run, I made us both salads. I felt pretty good, because I totally kicked his butt on the run! Probably because I run better with good music and I definitely have a lot of motivation to work out before trying on dresses next month!

 I like half an apple, red onions, feta crumbles and pecans in my salad with some fuji apple salad dressing! Chris loves tomatoes, olives, almonds, cucumbers, red onions and parm in his with some olive oil and red wine vinegar!


I've also been having smoothies or greek yogurt for breakfast! This was a cup of plan non-fat greek yogurt, frozen mixed berries, a tablespoon of honey, a cup of OJ.


I also spotted this in home goods! I think I have to go back and purchase it for the bridal shower and wedding! I bet some of our cupcakes would look adorable on it!

I decided to give myself until February to try on dresses because I want to feel good about my body before trying them on. How can you say yes to the dress when you are focusing on your arms or waist line? So come February I will be ready!

Reflecting on last years resolutions, I would say I definitely stuck to all of them plus more!

Number 1 was to hang with more girls. I definitely have stuck to that. I am so thankful for all of my girl friends. I know I always have someone I could call up and talk to or hang out! I went on several beach trips with them, dinners, wine festivals, nights dancing, weddings and more. This upcoming year is no exception! I look forward to hanging out with my girls and bridesmaids more than ever! 







Number 2 was to never say never. Check! This year I did an adventure climbing trip for Mother's Day and faced my fear of heights by climbing on ropes mid air, zip lining and doing "the swing". I then accomplished the Warrior Dash 5k with a group of friends from college. Throughout the year I also ran 2 additional 5ks. While on vacation I kept up with my workouts and rode on a jet ski for the first time! Not to mention I faced my ultimate fear of riding in a hot air balloon!









Number 3 was to stop rushing life. To stop worrying about when Chris was going to propose or when I was going to buy a house. 24, to me, was a bigger age than 25. My parents were married and had a house at 24 and my cousin had his first kid at 24. I know you shouldn't compare your life to anyone elses, and that's when I stopped. When I actually let life happen on it's own, I became engaged! AND we are approved to buy a house so we are looking! 24 is the age I will remember all of my dreams coming true, and it happened because I let it come naturally. Not by forcing it. And thank goodness! I am so happy I was completely shocked and surprised when Chris proposed. It made it a 1000 times more memorable and special. And I'm glad I got to share that with all of you!

My resolutions this year?

1. Workout at least 3 times a week. I am not going to commit myself to 4 or 5 days. Let's face it. Work gets busy and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I am buying a gym membership near my office so I can work out during lunch.

2. Sign up for at least 3 5k's before the wedding. I know 5k's will keep me running, especially in the warmer months!

3. Use my 10 hot yoga passes! My sister gave me these passes in September for my birthday and I really want to use them. I have done hot yoga where it is about 90 degrees, but not 115 degrees! I'm excited to use them though!

4. I vow to not become a bridezilla. I am already so excited and happy with everything we have planned, I couldn't imagine making myself and others miserable with my stress and bad behavior! I do tend to be a people pleaser so the most challenging part of wedding planning will be to remember this day is for Chris and I and nobody else. I shouldn't change my colors because someone makes a negative comment, or bend over backwards to please someone else. This is the only time I will have a whole day to celebrate our love with our friends and family and I want it to be how we want.

5. Be thankful. This is a no brainer and something that comes naturally to me, but it's a good reminder. Be thankful for those in my life. For the things life has given me and for the things we have earned through hard work. I am thankful our two pups are healthy because I have been on the other side of the fence. I'm thankful in November I get to marry my best friend and I'm thankful so many people in my life have found love too.

I'm excited for all that 2012 has to offer me! Our 4 year anniversary this month, Valentine's Day in New York, a trip to Boston, a trip to somewhere sunny for my bachelorette party, my bridal shower, OUR WEDDING DAY, our honey moon, buying a house, celebrating the holidays in our new house and so much more.

Happy New Year! From me to you! xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Aw I made your wall of friends <3
    And hooray for the year you're going to get married! Enjoy every second of it, it flies by so fast. And let's plan on another meet up this year, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 2012 is going to be AMAZING and I can't wait to read all about it! Trying on dresses ahh!! slkfja;skfj :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you're rocking 2012 already! Cheers to that! I'm so excited to hear about all of the wedding developments this year! I know it's going to be a great year for you and Chris!

    I love your philosophy about life--don't stress and let things happen as they're supposed to. Everything falls into place when the time is right! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete