Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome!

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Recently I have been noticing the growing amount of blogs being created by my female friends and decided to take the leap! I always enjoy reading their experiences and perspectives on what life throws at them. It's almost as if I get a secret key to their diary.

I don't have a rhyme or reason and definitely not a theme for this blog, but I hope you stop by every once and awhile to say hello and peek into my life, read a couple of my recipe finds, and find yourself wanting more.

This year I finally made a few non-typical, awesome resolutions.
Number 1- Hang out with more girls. Plain and simple. Moving back from college and living at least a half hour from all of civilization has really put a dent in my social life (along with my bf working night shifts). So I have decided to have a monthly girls only wine and game night at my house. Plus, I think I am addicted to playing the role of host/chef/housewife/etc.

Number 2- Never say never. For Christmas I received the most unique gift I have ever gotten... a hot air balloon ride. The old me would never do this. I don't know if I am more afraid of heights or death. But the new me is over-the-top excited for the upcoming Spring when I plan a trip with a couple friends and a large bottle of wine for a sunset hot air balloon ride.

Number 3- Stop rushing life. I have always been the girl who dreamed of getting married, having the dream job, 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. I believe things happen when you least expect them, so I am no longer counting down the days until my bf proposes to me or when I will be able to buy a house of my own. I want to focus more on me rather than us. Which means more trips to the gym, not feeling guilty about that 100-something dollars you spent on getting your hair done, and more self-indulging treats. 

I wish I could say I could stop being a worrier or over analyzer but lets face it, not-gonna-happen ;-)

2010 was one of the most life-changing years for me. I graduated college with a Marketing degree, packed my bags and moved to Annapolis with Chris and pups in tow, landed a job at gkv Communications as their Interactive Project Manager and lost the love of my life; my one year old long hair Chihuahua Princeton.

I've learned that hard work really does pay off, sometimes it takes a loss for you to realize how big your support net is and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. So goodbye 2010, I can confidently say I won't be sending you a postcard.

2010 Photos:
Our 2010 Holiday Card
Our New Addition, Chance
Princeton
I'd like to give a special thanks to one of my best friends, Brittney. Because without her, I wouldn't have a title for my new obsession.

xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment