Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chicken Parm Meatballs

Day 1 of no snacks and sweets went well! Breakfast was a large apple and coffee. For lunch I had a leftover vegetarian lentil stuffed pepper with green tea and after a long day at work I made one of my favorite comfort dinners... chicken parm meatballs!


I've adapted my own meatball recipe, but feel free to make tweaks based on what you and your family loves. In the summertime I like to add fresh basil and oregano. You could also add some crushed red pepper flakes or nutmeg for added flavor.

Chicken Parm Meatballs
1 pound ground chicken breast
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
4 tablespoons finely diced/shredded yellow onion
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1-2 garlic clove(s) - crushed
1/4 cup milk (any type)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Form meatballs - this recipe makes 15 large meatballs. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until fully cooked.

For the sauce, I tend to buy store bought and always add in 1/2 bag of spinach with 1 diced tomato (large) and the rest of my yellow onion.

What I love about meatballs is they can be served over pasta, quinoa or even made into a sandwich for an easy leftover lunch.

Enjoy!

2 comments: