Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Knock Knock

I always dreamed of living in a grey house with black shutters and a warm red door. There's something so inviting about the color scheme to me. And don't get me started on the holidays. Red doors were made for hanging Christmas wreaths.

This past weekend we decided to start on the exterior updates of the house - starting with the front door. We had picked up paint samples after the wedding and made our selection - Behr's Dozen Roses, which seems fitting since Chris is going to bring me home a dozen roses once a month, right? A girl can dream.

I removed the house numbers and spray painted them with leftover Chalkboard paint to help them stand out and match the new hardware we bought for the house. It's funny how small updates make me so happy!

It's still a work in progress, but here's where we are.

Front door before:



And front door in progress:



We still have to put the kick plate back on the bottom, which I spray painted with chalkboard paint. I'm thinking, "wipe your feet, please" written in chalk would be a cute welcome message for our guests. They sell a matching oil rubbed bronze kick plate at Home Depot if we get sick of the chalkboard idea.

Let's see where this weekend takes us on making more updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment