Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back in the Game

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Happy Hump and Groundhogs Day!! How excited are you that he didn't see his shadow? Early Spring here we come! This week has been flllyyinnngg by. It looks like all of you have been enjoying my Anniversary post... and to think I was nervous about posting intimate details of my life. Just goes to show everyone loves a good romance story.

Today has been, by far, the best day of the week. Why might you ask? Well, not only did I make it to my kickboxing class and to the grocery store, but my magic bullet finally arrived in the mail! I am over-the-moon excited to put it to good use. I stocked up on an enormous amount of veggies and fruits. We hardly ever keep snack food in the house (I could eat half a bag of kettle chips in one sitting) and I have been dying to stock up on easy eats! Just to give you an idea I bought spinach, salad mix, asparagus, avocados, cauliflower, apples, mangos, frozen peaches, bananas and more. Told ya!

So excited to make sorbet tonight for dessert!
My over flowing fruit basket
And over flowing veggie drawer
I have been meaning to pick up some SF syrup, waffles in the morning!

Kickboxing class was amazing of course. If you are only going to do one class, take kickboxing.  I know I say it all the time, but don't you want to be dripping with sweat when you leave the class? Yoga doesn't do that for me. I figured if I took a picture of me pre-gym it might help motivate others (and keep me motivated). Trust me when I say you don't want to see me post-gym. I looked like I had been mulled by a wild pack of animals.

If I looked this good before, imagine what I looked like after, woof!

Tonight's dinner was nothing short of amazing. Seriously. If you want a quick, healthy and fantabulous meal copy cat me on my recipe tonight. It couldn't be more simple. I got the idea as I was walking down the aisles and spotted a cluster of wraps and tortillas. Trust me, read the nutritional labels. I was about to buy some whole wheat wraps when I spotted these bad boys. They were in fact healthier and probably taste 110% better.

smart and DELICIOUS is right!

Cara's Sun Dried Tomato Panini Wraps for Two:
1 hearty chicken breast or 2 thin breasts
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheese (your choice)
2 sun dried tomato basil wraps
1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
pepper to taste
spinach
mushrooms

Directions:
Start off by heating your pan to medium heat with 1 and a half tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon garlic powder on chicken and add pepper to taste. Cook fully. Once the chicken is done cooking cut it into slices. Add a LARGE handful of spinach to the pan you cooked your chicken breast(s) in. Add the 1 tablespoon EVOO to pan and the remaining 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder. I also add pepper to my spinach. Cook fully. Now it is time to assemble your panini wrap!

My spinach, chicken and tomato panini wrap.
I added mushrooms to Christophers

Heat your panini press (I use my george foreman grill). Coat one side of each wrap with a drizzle of EVOO (the remaining 1/2 tablespoon). Sprinkle a layer of cheese on half of your wrap. Add toppings. It is important to sprinkle a second layer of cheese after you have added your toppings. The cheese acts like glue. Press for about 1-2 minutes. It won't take long, after all you already did all of the cooking.


Honestly how amazing does that look?! It was so good too. I might just make one for lunch tomorrow. FYI, one wrap is 100 calories... the same as our beloved sandwich thins. YUM! I decided to cook up some asparagus to go with. I used the same pan as my chicken and spinach, added a drizzle of extra EVOO and, yup you guessed it, garlic powder to 10 spears of asaragus. I cooked on medium high for 5 minutes.


Although this dinner was a home run I was in the mood for some dessert. Sorry for all you chocolate lovers out there, tonight I made homemade peach sorbet...with my new magic bullet of course!

50 calorie Peach Sorbet:
1 cup frozen peaches
3 tablespoons orange juice, (if you need more liquid add water)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to your blender or magic bullet. Pulse until smooth. Dig in!


So yummy! Now that I have you all drooling at the mouth it is on to day 6 of my 30 day blog.

Day Six: A picture of something that makes you happy.


Tax season is here and I have 5 W-2s! I was a busy girl last year to say the least. This year with our refunds we are taking a cruise. I have never been on one and am dying to get away on a tropical adventure. I don't know one person who isn't happy with a beach day on an island.


This lil guy also make me happy. Who doesn't love coming home to wiggly tails and wet kisses?!

FYI - I have updated my comments. Anyone can now leave a comment, anonymous or not. I made it a whole lot simpler! Maybe that will help you guys speak up! ;-) Also, check out yesterdays blog. I have added photos of my chicken parm meatballs!

What's your favorite smoothie flavor? Have you ever been on a cruise before? If so, where should I go?! 

Goodnight Bloggets!
xoxo,
Cara

5 comments:

  1. I want a magic bullet!!!

    I think you should go do the virgin islands on your cruise... IMO carnival was the best one we ever used...

    My favorite smoothie flavor is strawberry banana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, 50 calorie peach sorbet! I bet it would so good with black cherries!! :)

    I've been on one cruise: to Grand Cayman and Jamaica! It was absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - Ohhh black cherries sound like an awesome idea I'll have to try that out! I love your blog, your story is so inspiring!

    Alyssa - will you be my travel agent?! better yet i should plan a group trip and you and your bf could come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I love those wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too... I almost got teary eyed when I realized I only have one left!

    ReplyDelete