Sunday, September 25, 2011

DIY Lightbulb Vases

Can I just tell you guys how much fun I have had this weekend? I finally stopped by Michaels and picked up some materials for the bajillion DIY projects I have pinned on Pinterest.


I planned ahead and printed out coupons online. See that super cute 8x10 frame? Originally 21 dollars and I got it for 7. :) Love when that happens!!

I have decided every day this week I will try to show you one project I have made. Once we have our photos back from the shoot you'll be able to see them all mold together! Hey, if I can't plan weddings (mine included yet) then I better make the most of this shoot right?!

Right.

First up I am starting with the show stopper! DIY Lightbulb Vases.

Super cute right?! If any of you know me in person, please send all your dead lightbulbs my way. I have a feeling I will be collecting them and utilizing for my wedding one day. You heard it here first everyone ;)

What You Will Need:
Lightbulbs - I used ones that were already burnt out
Pliers
Wire
Glasses for eye protection
Twine

 First, remove the bottom metal piece with a pair of pliers.

 Once the bottom piece is removed, use your pliers to break the black glass bottom. Be careful! Glass could fly which is why you should be wearing glasses. Use your pliers to remove the big pieces.

 Most lightbulbs will have an interior glass inside of them. Break this with your pliers.


 Remove the insides and glass that might have fallen to the bottom of the lightbulb.

Rinse out with water to remove the powder. Use your wire to tie a handle. String twine from the top to hang from branches!

I hot glued some twine to the top metal pieces for a more rustic look. You could easily do the same with ribbon!

I hope you guys enjoy this and I am so happy to finally be pinning my own creations to Pinterest! The Ravens are currently kicking butt so this has been one happy household!

2 comments: