The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.
After hitting the gym I was in dire need of some carbs and healthy protein. Have I mentioned my boyfriend got his degree in exercise science, health and coaching? If not, now you can see where my healthy cooking derives from... So I decided to whip up some chicken meatballs! I bake them in the oven on a cooling rack which I lay on top of a cookie sheet, which is an awesome way to circulate heat and let any fat drip to the bottom (and not to my bottom!).
1 lb of ground chicken
1/4 cup of italian breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 spoonful of minced garlic (i looooveee garlic)
1/2 tablespoon of oregano
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with your hands! It's important to mix in the egg well or else it will cook on the outside of your meatballs. I shaped into bite size meatballs and placed on a cooling rack sprayed with cooking spray. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 mintues. I added them to a roasted red pepper sauce (store bought) and added slice green peppers and fresh tomatoes. Toss in pasta and BAM you have a good carb and protein post workout meal.
|Chicken Meatballs Pre-Oven|
|Tossed with my pasta and sprinkled with some parm :) YUM|
I noticed I had some yogurt in the refrigerator that needed to be consumed so I decided I am going to make a smoothie for breakfast. Afterall, it is Thirsty Thursday ;-)
Banana Berry Smoothie:
3/4 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
Handful of your favorite berries (I used black and raspberries that I've been using in my oatmeal)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup fat free milk
Handful of ice
Put all ingredients in the blender and you've got your breakfast to go!
Thanks to Alyssa, I decided to try out the Four Things survey going around a few blogs:
Four TV shows I watch:
1. Real Housewives
2. Everyday Italian
3. Teen Mom
4. The Haunted (ghost stories on the Animal Planet addicted!)
Four things I am passionate about:
1. My family; boyfriend and dogs included!
2. My friends and spending quality time with them
3. Learning and growing in my career
Four things I learned in the past:
1. If God brings you to it, he will help you through it
2. Never go to bed angry; waking up angry is never the way to go
3. Don't lose yourself in relationships.
4. There are three sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth.
Four things I am looking forward to:
1. My 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend next Friday (woohoo!)
2. Hot air balloon ride in April
3. Tae Bo class with Brittany tomorrow
4. Getting my taxes back so I can take my first cruise!
Four things I love about winter:
1. When you walk outside and can smell your neighbors fireplaces
2. Snowflakes (only the big ones which make you feel like you are in a snow globe)
3. Learning how to snowboard, even though I cried like a baby my first time
4. Winter break, filled with lots of family time and good food!
Only a day away from Friday guys!