Monday, January 10, 2011

You've Got Mail!

I can remember anxiously waiting for the mailman weeks in advance of my birthday, hoping today would be the day I would get another card in the mailbox. Now that I am older, I don't get the same butterflies from the mailman as I used to. Now he just brings me bills.

Sure the value of a stamp has increased a few cents and technology has taken over society, but who doesn't love getting a card in the mail?! This year was the first year I received sympathy cards and, on a brighter note, holiday cards in the mail! I even got letters sent to my work from Stevenson University and the Comptroller of Maryland congratulating me on my recent job position. (Although we all know the Comptroller was just happy to start collecting more taxes from me).

It only takes a minute to brighten someones day, and a card is a simple and money-savvy way to do so! I suggest keeping all of your cards in one place. That way they don't end up in a junk drawer, or worse, the trash!
A cute storage solution for your desk. Get this!
I have learned that procrastination is a genetic defect that runs in my family. But, I think I have found the cure! Stock up on cards for all occasions! You never know when your best friend might get engaged, have a baby, or just need a "thinking of you" pick-me-up. Next time you are at a grocery store, boutique or convenience store stock up on a few cards (get 'em for a dollar!).

Sending thank you cards to places you have interviewed at might just be the deciding factor whether you get the position or not. Everyone can type up an email, but it takes time to hand-write and mail a card. Hallmark and Snapfish are a great place to order personalized cards. Hallmark will even send and stamp them for you and Snapfish will print them at any Walgreens or Wal Mart if you can't wait for shipping. Now you have no excuse!

Hopefully our generation doesn't forget the simple joys in life.

Get Lickin' and Stickin'!
xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment