Saturday, January 8, 2011

Paint me Pretty

If you are anything like me, just about everything except water makes your face breakout. Weren't we told that acne packs their bags and moves out the moment we graduate High School? Apparently that isn't always the case.

I have been around the makeup-counter block a time or two in my days and have tried what feels like every product under the sun. From my makeup caddy to yours, here are a few of my favorites.

Nars Orgasm Illuminator: This first came into my life over Christmas break while shopping at Sephora with my sister. You know those free gifts you get every so often at checkout? Well, this was a stocking stuffer I couldn't resist giving to myself! I like to wear this under my bronzer. It is extremely sheer and gives you a subtle hint of glow, without a 30 minute run on the treadmill. How amazing! It actually has been working as a moisturizer and I haven't seen one reaction to wearing this in the past month!

 
Sephora Cuticle Care Pen: Sephora is to a woman what a candy shop is to a child. You can't help but touch, spray and try on everything you see! Being the cash-savvy young adult I am, I would always use this product every time I walked into the store (without actually buying it for myself). I especially loved the lavender soothing pen. It has a twist bottom, much like a lip gloss pen, and always managed to do the trick to my cuticles during these cold winter months. Luckily, my sister put this in my stocking for Christmas! (she's the best!)

MAC Liquid Eye Liner: Although I don't wear liquid eye liner every day (and boy did I used to), I love the dramatic effect it gives to your eyes. MAC was the first to introduce me to a liquid liner without a brush tip. It has a hard applicator tip which allows you to have more control where the liner ends up. So next time you need to replace your liner, think of buying liquid liner. You don't have to sharpen it and the applicator holds it shape until the end!


MAC Pigment: It is easy for most to walk into the MAC store and feel overwhelmed by choices and price. I love their pigments. For under 20 dollars you get 4.5grams of color wonderful. It can be used on your eyes as an eyeshadow or cheeks to add illumination. It is crease resistant, so no need to buy a 10-20 dollar primer! I have two MAC pigments that are still more than half full and have had for over 5 years. Now that's what I call a bang for your buck!

Most makeup on this site is only a dollar. They have EVERYTHING! Usually, I would hoard this site to myself, but I feel in this economy every girl should have this bookmarked to her computer.

Dermalogica Clay Cleanser: Last, but not least, is my current face cleanser. It might seem a little pricey (I have never spent $50 on face products) but it works two ways and is the size of a shampoo bottle. I came in contact with this product when I went for a facial. I took home samples and was hooked. Don't be surprised if you break out for a week after first using, I did and now my face feels smoother and is break-out free!

I'll leave you with a little quote I need to take into action more often, "taking chances involves taking risks. you can't keep your foot on first and steal second at the same time."

Happy Saturday Bloggets!
xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment