Friday, January 21, 2011

I HEART MUFFINS

 TGIF! If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.

It's sad that I wish some of the week days away so quickly. I'm going to be 24 this year and I can't help to think "where has the time gone?!". Most people have a hard time with 25, being a quarter of a century old... and don't get me wrong I probably definitely will! 24 is the age my parents got married and the age my cousin and his wife had their first kid. It definitely makes me sit down and think where I am in my life. No where near these things! But it is a new year and I can happily say I am happy not to rush life. I am happy that my relationship is healthy and strong and I still have a lot of growing to do myself! So take that 2011! Maybe I'll only have a mini-breakdown come September!

I know I said I was going to make banana walnut oatmeal this morning, but I completely forgot we had a work breakfast scheduled! Being the thinker that I am I found a peanut butter banana recipe that I made a few tweeks to and it turned out DELICIOUS!

Cara's Oatmeal, Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins:
1 cup of skim milk
2 tablespoons of honey
2 mashed up bananas
1/2 cup of organic peanut butter
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3-4 tablespoons oatmeal


Preheat the oven to 375. Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl and the oil, milk, bananas, honey, peanut butter and eggs in a separate bowl. If you are like me, your bananas might not be as mushy on their own... to help them out I put them (skins on) in the microwave for 40 seconds. It did the trick! Combine the dry with wet ingredients and mix well. Add to lined and sprayed (PAM) muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with oatmeal. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. This will make 15-18 muffins. I made 6 heart shaped muffins for Chris and I and threw the rest in a bread tin to take to work!

My dry ingredients. I sifted these just to make sure there weren't any clumps!
Mix well! The last thing you want is some flour spots in your muffins!
The finished products! look good huh?! And NO butter! I have better photos of the heart muffins Ill add later.
My little chef, Chance! He always is helping me in the kitchen. Look how big he is getting!!
Who needs oatmeal when you can have it in a muffin! I got the idea for "Fill in the Blank" Friday from another blog and who doesn't love reading above other people's lives and their perspectives! I mean that is why you visit my blog right?! I finally showed my boyfriend my blog last night and he LOVED it. He has always been my rock and so supportive of everything I do. 

BTW, does anyone have any good suggestions for a sentimental anniversary gift? I already have something in mind but wanted to give him a gift he doesn't already know about! If you do send me an email....




1.   My favorite quote is There are sooo many!! I have always loved "knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."

2.  A bad habit I have is  -  Leaving for work on time! No matter if I wake up an hour and a half before I have to leave I am always in a rush!

3.  The first time I felt like a "grown up" was - when Chris and I moved into our first solo apartment together, no roomies. It was my senior year of college. Also, the day I started paying for my own health insurance. I've always paid my own bills, but this was a hard adjustment planning for a 401k at 23.

4.  Weekends are - oh so wonderful! I get to catch up on sleep, always make it to the gym, hang out with friends and lay on the couch doing absolutely NOTHING. Although they would be better if Chris didn't work all weekend.

5.  When I was a child I wished my name was this is a hard one. I have always loved the name Avery though! My full name is Carolyn, but I have gone by Cara for about 10 years now. I am always wondering when I will go back. I'm not ready to grow up yet!

6.  I wish - I could make enough money in my career to not worry about money. Be able to travel, buy a house and go out on the weekends without counting my pennies. One day!

7.  A secret I have is - I used to wake up my dog Princeton every morning with the same song. "Good morning, good morning, good morning to you. Good morning to you Mister Princey-Poo!" I still get upset and miss him everyday.


Remember to always follow your heart <3
Much love and I hope your Friday at work goes by quickly!
xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment