Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tandoori White

My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.

It's a snow day here in Maryland! It's days like this where I ask myself, "why didn't I become a teacher?". Then snow days would actually mean more than driving slow and wearing rain boots to work. But, we closed the agency at 3 so that was a little bit of bright news!


If you are looking for a good pair of rain boots that don't fit the cookie cutter image try out Laila Rowe. Their online selection, quite frankly, stinks but if you are in the Annapolis area hit up the mall and check them out! They are all under 30 dollars and have at least 20 different styles! PLUS they ALWAYS are having killer sales on shoes, accessories and jewelry.
My Sperry Rain boots
The time has come. The holiday that is as equally loved as it is hated; Valentine's Day. It is just around the corner! Geez where has the time gone?! If you are looking for the perfect dress for a night out with that special someone, try lulus.com. They have links upon links of dresses that are easy on the eyes AND your wallet. Who doesn't love an excuse to go shopping?



Welp, the snow got in the way of my kickboxing class. I couldn't be more bummed so I am going to attempt to do a pilates sesh in my living room. Thankfully, I just found out they have kickboxing on Fridays also :-)

I finally made my banana walnut oatmeal this morning... and it was fabulous. Think of banana nut bread without feeling guilty. I added a tablespoon of brown sugar, half of a sliced banana and a handful of chopped walnuts to my 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal. I highly suggest! Plus, it is mega filling!

Last night we hit up the grocery store! I picked up all the necessities for my tandoori shrimp, plus we found ridic sales on fresh wild salmon. Safeway is going crazy on sales right now... I suggest you go... and before you do check out their website where you can add coupons to your club card ;-) 

Chris' family is amazing at cooking fresh Indian style meals and I never realized how healthy they truly are until I started looking at the nutritional facts. This tandoori shrimp meal is only 122 calories, 1 gram of fat and 21g of protein. Holy moly! You definitely won't feel bad about having seconds!!

Tandoori Shrimp for Two:
1/2 pound of fresh/frozen deveined shrimp
1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon minced garlic 
1/2 onion thinly sliced

Directions:
Pat your shrimp dry. In a bowl combine shrimp, yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, garlic and salt to taste.  Cook onions on medium heat (add a little vegetable oil or non-stick spray) for about 8 minutes, or until they are lightly brown. Move your onions to a serving bowl. Add shrimp to your pan and sauté until fully cooked. About 2 to 3 minutes. Add on top of onions in your serving bowl.

I bought some fresh zucchini that I am going to grill with olive oil and garlic. Serve with brown rice as a healthy and delicious side. Who said cooking healthy had to taste bad and take extra time. This whole process will only take you 20 minutes tops! (well, only if you can multi task). 

Non-Fat Greek Yogurt. Use for marinade and also for dipping!

Toss all ingredients together.

While shrimp are hanging out in the bowl, slice your veggies thin.

DONE! Easy meal in under 20 minutes. Healthy and simple.

I added half of a chicken breast to the pan after the shrimp cooked. (I bought teeny tiny shrimp!)

Photos are now up! If you missed it - I added photos to my better burger post! Check out how delicious everything turned out! It honestly tasted like a taco burger with the cumin and chili powder.

Happy Snow Day Bloggets!
xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment