Thursday, January 20, 2011

Faux Chipotle Night

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.
Chipotle who?! Of course my sister has to tell me her and my mom were going out to eat at only one of my favorite places tonight... and right before I was heading to the gym! UGH!! Being a grown up  is okay great, but sometimes I miss living at home! 
After the elliptical kicked my butt for an hour I did some abs and arms. I forgot how sore I am the day after kickboxing! This year I refuse to have an anxiety attack before trying on my bikini for the first time since last summer. (I feel better dancing in my skimpies at night-time too).
After the gym I came home and decided to make my faux chipotle meal I came up with! And luckily for you I measured everything that went into it and took pictures :) You might notice I make a lot of chicken... welp! that's because we try only eating red meat once a week.  You can find my recipe for my cilantro rice here.
I only used 3/4 cup of uncooked rice this time
How good does that look?! Probably just as good as my corn salsa ;)
Cara's Corn Salsa:
1 can of drained whole kernel corn
1 roma tomato diced
1/3 cup diced green pepper
2/3 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon fresh diced jalepano
1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
small handful of chopped cilantro
salt and cumin to taste

Add all ingredients together! Did you know that roma tomatoes are the cheapest, but in my opinion, tastiest tomatoes you can find in the grocery store?! AND they are perfect for making homemade pasta sauce. Red onions also have more nutrients than your regular yellow onion! Bet you didn't know that either ;)
No chipotle bowl is ever complete without the chicken! I am picky when it comes to my chicken breasts. Even when I get the lean cuts I always inspect them for strings of fat... I have always hated the texture in my mouth. Am I the only one out there?!
Cara's Faux Chipotle Chicken:
2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (NO trans fat people!)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
handful of chopped cilantro

Pre-Cooking all ingredients combined
Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Make sure the chicken is fully covered with oil and spices. Cook on medium-high heat until fully cooked. Top with some more freshly chopped cilantro!

Finished Product! YUM!
Now I just have to wait for the bf to get off work and we can dive in! I made the smoothie for breakfast but I forgot how many seeds are in blackberries! Next time remind me to only use raspberries! Tomorrow I am going back to old faithful...my oatmeal! But since it is Friday I am going to mix it up using walnuts and bananas with honey instead of brown sugar. Sounds good huh?!

Remember tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Thank goodness! I thought it would never get here! AND tonight is the finale of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! CHA-CHING!

Have a great night bloggets!
xoxo,
Cara

2 comments:

  1. Cara I am totally making this recipe tonight! Sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should!! It really is so good and doesn't take long to make at all! I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete